Hello again Everyone!
Hope you are all getting ramped up for this upcoming Esbat (aka April 22nd’s full moon) I don’t think I’m going to have a bunch of post notes only because I’ll be adding some additional spells and options for warding off psychic vampires (vampyres) and altar images.
For anyone new to my blogs, these are just my show notes with some hyperlinks and post-show notes in italics. As always, blessed be and thanks for reading!
April 22nd Full Moon - Ok, I’ll fully admit astrology is not my strong suit...that’s more Feather’s gig; but I’m learning as I go. While researching any major events coming up I tend to compile a mix of different explanations seeing as each interpreter will have something slightly different. I happen to like the bloggers that go into further details such as DarkAstrology.com, Cafe Astrology, or Viva Combusta but each reader can read all of the different musings online.
- Pink Moon
- 2º Scorpio Decan 1, ruled by Mars - Also apparently a “mini-moon”
- Lots of retrogrades to look forward to: Mercury (April 28-May22nd), Mars (April 17-28th), Pluto (April 17-September 26th)
Types of Altars & What Goes on Them?
- Not sharp, black handles, used for cutting on the ethereal plane, lives in the East
- Associated with fire (according to Gardnarian Wicca)
- Associated with air (according to the Golden Dawn)
- Not to be confused with a Boline (white handled, sharp, used for cutting magical mundane things)
- Any instrument that creates a clear lasting sound, lives in the West
- Associated with Water
- Used to clear away negative energy
- Draw forth Spirit and the elements
- Helps raise energy
- Besom (Broom)
- Cleansing tool for the area
- Traditionally cast iron, 3 legs
- Associated with all four elements
- Associated often with Cerridwen
- Can replace a bonfire when called for in spells
Lughnasadh 2015Used to burn incense, herbs, ritual items
- Elemental Candles
- Deity/Lord & Lady Candles
- Ritual Candles
- Can be any material
- Represents Female Aspect
- Associated with Water
- May you never thirst!
- Paton (Altar Pentacle)
- Spirit and Elemental representation
- Any material
- Usually charged and cleansed consistantly
- Associated with North and Earth
- Associated with Air (according to Gardnarian tradition)
- Associated with Fire (according to the Golden Dawn)
- Represents male energy
- Lives in the East or South
- Used to direct energy, cast a circle, divination
- Typically the length of the middle finger to crook of your elbow
- Ash, Yew, Oak, White Pine, Apple, Hawthorne, Blackthorn, Birch, Willow and Rowan are the most common woods used in wand creation
- Additional items to include:
LeFay's Happy PlaceSalt
- Altar table
- Censer or insence
- Libation dish
- Feathers, skins, furs
- Deity representations
- Types of Altars
- Daily Altar
- Ritual Altar
- Seasonal Altars
- Elemental Altars
- Personal altars
- What are they?
- Someone who "drains" others emotionally; either mentally or empathically (draining the auric life force)
- The term "energy vampire" is used metaphorically to refer to people whose influence leaves a person feeling exhausted, unfocused, and depressed, without ascribing the phenomenon to psychic interference
- Historically known as an incubus/sucubus, thought to be original concept for vampirism
- "Psychic vampire" was popularized in the 1960s by Anton LaVey and his Church of Satan. LaVey wrote about this term in his book, The Satanic Bible, and claimed to have coined the term. LaVey describes a psychic vampire as a spiritually or emotionally weak person who drains vital energy from other people, or a paranormal entity within such a person, allowing the psychic draining of energy from other people.
- Narcissistic psychic vampires: grandiose senses of self importance and entitlement, lack empathy, can become withholding or cold if you don't do things their way, little capacity for unconditional love.
- Victim vampires: Poor me, world is against them, they drain energy by constantly complaining about problems but refusing to try any potential solutions you suggest.
- Controlling energy vampires: need to control/manipulate other’s actions, often they invalidate your emotions in order to dominate/put you down.
- Constant talking psychic vampires: take over conversations by constantly sharing their own feelings and experiences without giving you an opportunity to contribute. They might also invade physical boundaries, moving in so close you can feel their breath on you.
- Drama queen psychic vampires: exaggerates small instances, being late for a meeting is the end of the world, over-inflate their own importance
- How to detect and protect against them
- Evaluate yourself and your relationships - are you an empath or a vampire yourself?
- Symptoms: leaky or diminishing aura, dizziness, loss of energy, muscle tension, mental confusion, headaches, chronic fatigue, sleep disturbances, irritability, depressed mood, physical illness
- Popular Gemstones: Black tourmaline/Smokey Quartz/hematite/jet/black onyx/black obsidian/apache tear (transmutes & “cleanses” energy, repels negative
- Popular Herbs: Basil (steady the mind, brings happiness, love, peace, and money and protects against insanity), White Sage (cleansing, immortality, longevity, wisdom, protection and the granting of wishes), Fennel (confidence, courage, fertility, longevity, love, protection, psychic protection, purification, strength), Rosemary (Promotes love, long life, and happiness, aids in memory and clear thinking), Eucalyptus (Wards off evil and repel enemies who are troubling your home or job), Frankincense (Produces heightened awareness of the spiritual realms, burns away negativity and raises the energy of the space), Oregano (Fosters happiness, harmony, love, peace, protection, psychic development, growth, and tranquillity), Clove (promotes healing, heightens courage, strengthens the conscious mind, helps retrieve lost memories, provides insight into our pain (physical or emotional), Lavender (aids health, love and peace, dispels depression, helps control our emotions, encourages sleep, promotes happiness and harmony in the home by providing tranquillity), Sandlewood (fosters protection, clairvoyance, consecration, divination, and meditation)
- Tactics to defend: Ground and centre yourself, set boundaries and say no, do not react & stay neutral, cut the cords of attachment, use a light shower to protect against negative energy, wear a pendant or talisman, use it as a learning experience, crossing your arms, wearing a mirror or evil eye, create a spell to aid in protection, create a satchet using the herbs above or others
- How to heal from the attack
- Burn all relevant photographs or objects holding memories of the person, place or situation.
- Write down all feelings of frustration, anger, hurt, fear, etc., and burn the paper, flush it down the toilet or bury it.
- Perform some Feng Shui at home, clearing out unnecessary clutter will help in the head as much as the environment.
- Clear out all books or pictures that have negative energy. Surround yourself with high vibrational objects, spiritual books, spiritual pictures, plants, fresh flowers etc.
- Smudge with sage, cedar and sweet-grass, or sprinkle with moon water
- Play music, make music, be artistic, go on a hike, meditate or sing - any type of grounding that helps raise your energy back up
- Avoid negative television, radio shows newspapers, books, magazines, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter
- Cleanse and purify your crystals and dedicate them to the Light.
- Light candles and use high vibrational pure essential oils to help realign your chakras is they feel out of wack
- Favorite tools to use